Sunday, December 28, 2008

Life - from George Bernard Shaw

Life is no brief candle to me.  It is a sort of splendid torch which I have for a moment.  I want to make it burn as brightly as possible.     George Bernard Shaw

   Usually what snuffs out our lit candles are not the obstacles of the day but views of our past or future. 
   A technique I've seen used is to envision a rope tied to a past problem that clouds our current view - pull and tug at it until attention is again focused only on present time.  Amazing relief and wisdom comes that see the strength or weakness of what was and how its importance looks today.
   The future can be handled similarly - throw that rope out there and pull it inuntil it feels like the current moment.  A step toward the goal may appear.
                       Let's keep our candles lit, My Friends, Merrily

No comments:

Post a Comment